- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- An upstate man was arrested for animal cruelty after shooting geese—he was upset about the goose poop near a lake.
- 50,000 families are on the wait list for charter schools.
- OVER THE LINE: a Florida man accidentally shot himself while bowling, which is not 'Nam, there are rules.
- An "evil" daughter is trying to evict her 91-year-old veteran father from the house he built himself.
- Here's proof that Kanye West is in Anchorman 2.
- The New Yorker introduces online address for people to send documents anonymously.
- You've always wanted to see an artist's rendering of Bea Arthur's breasts, so just go ahead and soak this all in.
- What do you think Michelle Bachmann is whispering to her Google Glass?
- Here's Daft Punk's new single "Get Lucky" with 100% more goats.
- Rapes are on the rise in the Bronx.
- And finally, a monkey shares his lollipop with a puppy, until he gets annoyed:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today