- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NYCT Subway and NYCT Buses Twitter accounts have released some painful Valentine's day puns.
- Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain—one of the greatest albums of all time—is 25 years old, and The Ringer has a great piece on it.
- Here's a harrowing, descriptive story about Blippi, a very popular kids YouTube star who apologized for a past viral video in which he pooped all over his friend.
- Nearly half of Republicans think God wanted Trump to be president.
- Former FBI acting director Andrew McCabe confirmed that top Justice Department officials seriously discussed whether to recruit cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office after he fired James Comey.
- Amanda Hess profiles the brilliant Phoebe Waller-Bridge in anticipation of Fleabag, the play, coming to NYC, and second seasons of Killing Eve and Fleabag.
- Did you want to read a bad hot take today? The Telegraph has you covered with their opinion piece about Ryan Adams.
- Rep. Ilhan Omar grilled Elliott Abrams over U.S. involvement in Nicaragua and El Salvador during the Reagan administration.
- It's totally normal when a president's aide has to ask the president's favorite TV programs not to say anything that will make him mad so he won't shut down the government again, right?
- A man lost his left arm when he was struck by a train on Staten Island.
- Here's a cheerful holiday headline: "Happy Valentine’s Day! Online Dating Scams Cost Americans $143 Million."
- Questions I never thought I'd have to contemplate: would Tony Soprano have been a MAGA guy?
- And finally, doggy speed dating is a thing:
Early Addition: Everything You Never Wanted To Know About Kids YouTube Star Blippi, Including Who's Blippi
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: