- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- "If a different future is possible for New York ... it will begin with what the city does with its real estate and its schools." The NY Times magazine has a long and thorough take on rebuilding New York City without the flagrant inequality.
- While many restaurants say they're struggling to find enough workers for their reopenings, the restaurants that have raised wages and added benefits like paid sick leave are doing well.
- El Salvador has become the first country to accept Bitcoin as legal tender.
- The bored day traders who brought GameStop and AMC back from the dead are now rallying around Wendy's.
- Paleontologists in Australia discovered the fossils of a dinosaur that was two stories high and the length of a basketball court.
- Teenage TikTokers who built massive followings around their "couple goals" relationships are breaking up.
- As long as a thunderstorm doesn't blot out the sun tomorrow evening, we'll be able to see a "ring of fire" solar eclipse.
- Kate Pierson, the lead singer of the B-52s, is selling her extremely B-52sy Catskills cabin for $2.2 million.
- People who've spent the past year with too much morning and evening time on their hands are ready to spend a couple hours a day commuting again.
- And finally, boot camp for goats:
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today