- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Aw, congressional candidate David Weprin used to read to David Paterson.
- Despite ruffling tender celebrity feathers, Ricky Gervais says he's been invited back to host the Golden Globes.
- Surprising no one, it's been announced that Danny Meyer will operate the downtown Whitney’s two eateries.
- Photos of Irene's destruction in Vermont.
- Brooklyn-based band Neon Indian out-Williamsburg themselves with this retro infomercial music video.
- Mazel Tov: Ex-Giants star Tiki Barber is marrying the 24-year-old NBC intern he dumped his pregnant wife for.
- James Franco has left the cast of a Broadway revival of the Tennessee Williams drama Sweet Bird of Youth, and now the production isn't even happening, you guys!
We rely on your support to make local news available to all