- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Researchers believe they could pre-emptively create vaccines and drugs to fight a wide range of viral threats...if they can get sufficient funding.
- Trump's coronavirus task force is apparently just trying to ignore everything he says that undermines what health experts recommend: “It is a pain in the ass sometimes, for sure,” said a senior official working with the task force. “There isn't much more [some of us] can do in that, except continue making sound policy recommendations and hope they sink in. Sometimes the president backs off on some things, sometimes he doesn’t. It’s his call.”
- Atlas Obscura has an interesting article about how prolonged isolation can lead to the creation of new accents.
- The Times looks at 28,000 missing deaths around the world that have occurred during the coronavirus pandemic and haven't been counted among the official numbers.
- U.S. citizens who filed tax returns jointly with spouses who are immigrants (without Social Security numbers) will not get coronavirus stimulus checks.
- So no one told you life was gonna be this way/ clap clap clap clap/ once petty grievances about cleanliness or visitors have morphed into arguments over S-A-F-E-T-Y.
- The Ringer has a great feature on the making of Better Call Saul's fifth, and best so far, season. (But beware of lots of spoilers for the season!)
- There are reports that North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un "is in grave danger" after undergoing a previous surgery, though everything is clouded in secrecy.
- And now for the most soothing video you'll watch today: Stanley Tucci makes a Negroni.
- Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez are apparently serious about making a bid for the Mets.
- SNL's Cecily Strong wrote a first person piece about love, grieving the death of her cousin, and the uncertainty of now.
- Listen to the title track of Westerman's upcoming debut album, Your Hero Is Not Dead.
- And finally, nothing is better than having a best friend who you can ride:
Early Addition: The Ups And Downs Of Having A Roommate During Coronavirus Quarantine
Recent in News
Featured in News
Gov. Kathy Hochul and Mayor Eric Adams are ordering flags at half-staff in memory of those lost.
Read More In: