- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum showed how Democrats should be debating Republicans: "Now, I’m not calling Mr. Desantis a racist. I’m simply saying the racists believe he’s a racist."
- Megyn Kelly's NBC morning show is on the verge of ending completely—and her tenure at NBC may not last much longer either.
- Oh good, Trump is still using his personal cellphone to make calls, and Chinese and Russian spies are almost certainly listening in on them.
- Find out which words first appeared in print the year you were born with Merriam-Webster's Time Traveler.
- Listen to an incredible 10-song sampler of the upcoming Bob Dylan release More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14.
- The US mission to the United Nations is seeking to eliminate the word “gender” from UN human rights documents, as part of the Trump administration’s campaign to define transgender people out of existence.
- Watch the French 'Spider-Man' Alain Robert scale a London skyscraper.
- Huh, Saudi Arabian officials now are saying Jamal Khashoggi's murder was premeditated and not due to a fistfight gone wrong.
- A Carroll Gardens coffee shop bragged about reducing waste and got fined by the Sanitation Department.
- A dog owner in Oklahoma called out her own pup for a brilliant scheme to get free McDonald's hamburgers: "If you see my dog @ the McDonald's on shields, quit feeding her fat ass bc she don't know how to act & be leaving the house all the time to go walking to McDonald's at night. She's not even a stray dog."
- Another day, another outlet ranking every The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror segment.
- And finally, is it time to go back to bed yet?
📹: kaykamay pic.twitter.com/52Om4vGbrK
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 24, 2018