- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Hospitals around the country are beginning to come up with guidelines to determine which coronavirus patients get prioritized for lifesaving care, involving factors "such as age, health problems, pregnancy and cognitive abilities."
- The next coronavirus crisis: what happens if there's a shortage of doctors and nurses?
- The CDC director says new data about people who are infected but symptom-free could lead the agency to recommend broadened use of masks.
- Politico writes that the Trump administration has decided against reopening Obamacare enrollment to uninsured Americans during the coronavirus pandemic, "defying calls from health insurers and Democrats to create a special sign-up window amid the health crisis."
- Goats have taken over the streets of a town in Wales.
- A pandemic expert who was optimistic about the virus in February talked about why she got things so wrong: "I just assumed that the US system would be a little bit better, would be a little bit more robust and do more testing and containment than China was able to do, and I just couldn't have been more wrong."
- NYC's undocumented restaurant workers are facing a situation where they have little help from the government or their employers.
- The New Yorker tells the story of the life and death of one of NYC's first coronavirus patients, Bronx doorman and navy veteran Juan Sanabria.
- Larry David has made the best coronavirus PSA: "If you’ve seen my show, nothing good ever happens going out of the house, you know that. It’s just trouble out there. It’s not a good place to be. Stay home and don’t see anyone.”
- For newer couples, being quarantined together is both a relationship milestone and test.
- About 70 students from the University of Texas at Austin, all in their 20s, chartered a plane to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, in late March, despite warnings about nonessential travel. Now, at least 28 of them have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Some pregnant women are trying to leave NYC before they have to give birth.
- Listen to new singles from The Magnetic Fields and Rolling Blackouts C.F., and watch a gorgeous music video from Moses Sumney.
- And finally, there's nothing more pure than a dog who loves a trampoline:
Early Addition: Larry David Has A Coronavirus PSA For "All The Idiots Out There"
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: