- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Democrats seem united in wanting a woman to be named as vice president, but some still see it as a consolation prize.
- Axios claims that Joe Biden confidants are "privately discussing potential leaders and Cabinet members for his White House," which includes Elizabeth Warren or JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon as Treasury secretary, Mike Bloomberg as head of the World Bank, Sally Yates as attorney general, and more.
- Cory Booker has become the latest former presidential candidate to endorse Joe Biden.
- Speaking of former presidential candidates, Pete Buttigieg will guest host Jimmy Kimmel Live! this Thursday.
- Are you shame-hoarding a particular product or item because of coronavirus?
- I'm sorry it's come to this, but it has: in defense of Billy Joel.
- A Manhattan woman claims in a lawsuit that she was blown off her bicycle by an errant helicopter.
- Want to know how much it really costs to run a restaurant?
- Actor Max Von Sydow, the frequent Ingmar Bergman collaborator who starred in The Exorcist, Flash Gordon, Shutter Island, Minority Report and dozens more films, has died at 90.
- Smart people rated "dumb" things (like weed experiences, dog treats, balls) for Vice.
- Here's a nice piece about a complex in Livingston, N.J., which is designed to help people with disabilities practice everyday activities like banking or shopping.
- Fiona Apple announced, via sign language, that her new album is done.
- A family has started a GoFundMe to help with vet bills after a dog and her owner were hit by a driver in Bay Ridge last week, resulting in the death of the owner.
- This spike in Central Park is apparently over 200 years old.
- And finally, this Corgi is getting mercilessly mocked here:
Early Addition: This Is How Much It Really Costs To Run A Restaurant
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: