- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Experts and scientists are in agreement that these are only effective ways to combat coronavirus.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, talked in an interview about the difficulty of getting Trump and the White House to listen to experts: "When you're dealing with the White House, sometimes you have to say things one, two, three, four times, and then it happens. So, I'm going to keep pushing...I’m trying my best. I cannot do the impossible."
- Here's a breakdown of all the risks of COVD-19 for different age groups.
- Asian-Americans fear for their safety with an uptick in hate crimes since the outbreak of coronavirus: "nearly two dozen Asian-Americans across the country said they were afraid — to go grocery shopping, to travel alone on subways or buses, to let their children go outside. Many described being yelled at in public — a sudden spasm of hate that is reminiscent of the kind faced by Muslim-Americans after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001."
- Amtrak has cancelled Acela Express train service in the Northeast.
- Get all of your coronavirus cleaning questions answered here, including what's the best soap to use, what to do about leather, and more.
- Anosmia, the loss of sense of smell, and ageusia, an accompanying diminished sense of taste, have emerged as peculiar telltale signs of COVID-19.
- A former field organizer for Michael Bloomberg filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against his presidential campaign, arguing that she and thousands of others laid off this month had been tricked into taking jobs they were told would last until November.
- DJ D-Nice is throwing the hottest celebrity-friendly Instagram Live parties.
- A reasonable plea: NYC should increase access to rooftops in buildings across the city so people can get fresh air without having to go down to the street.
- Joe Biden finally emerged with a video on Twitter after not being seen by the public for almost a week.
- Without any advance notice, Arcade Publishing released Woody Allen’s memoir Apropos of Nothing today.
- Childish Gambino officially released his new album 3.15.20 this weekend.
- And finally, this actually does look like a pretty good game:
Early Addition: Should NYC Allow More Apartment Roof Access Now?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: