- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- I know I usually put music recommendations at the end of these posts, but Fiona Apple's new album Fetch The Bolt Cutters, her first in almost eight years, is a real masterpiece, and you should put some time aside today to listen to it. Also check out this great interview with her about the making of it.
- The White House wants to start reopening the country in the comings weeks—but that's gonna be really difficult if we don't have more widespread testing available.
- Vox makes a very important point about people who say the government is overreacting to the virus: "With the coronavirus, the right action looks like an overreaction as it’s happening."
- Bill Gates has become a target of right-wing conspiracy theories and false attacks because of his disagreements with Trump on the virus: "In posts on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, he is being falsely portrayed as the creator of COVID-19, as a profiteer from a virus vaccine, and as part of a dastardly plot to use the illness to cull or surveil the global population."
- Here's why the White House's coronavirus task force keeps downplaying the virus’s spread in less-populated states.
- The New Yorker interviewed the one-and-only Patti LuPone.
- Have any of your exes crawled out of the woodwork during quarantine?
- Here's a really easy piece of advice: don't listen to anything Dr. Phil says.
- Sanitation Deputy Chief James McGovern gave out drinks to health care workers after they finished their shift at Elmhurst Hospital in Queens.
- Michael Cohen is among the inmates at a minimum-security camp in upstate New York who were told they would serve their sentences at home because of coronavirus.
- Other new music to listen to today: Big Thief released a collection of unreleased demos to support their tour crew; DaBaby released his third album in the last year, Blame It On Baby; and Bob Dylan released another stunning single, "I Contain Multitudes."
- And finally, if you have more than one dog, you may want to reconsider the size of your doggy door:
Early Addition: Fiona Apple's New Album "Fetch The Bolt Cutters" Is A Masterpiece
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: