- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A White House national security official who is a decorated Iraq war veteran plans to tell House impeachment investigators today that he heard President Trump appeal to Ukraine’s president to investigate Joe Biden.
- And Republicans are already trying to smear the vet as a Ukrainian spy.
- Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have exited their planned Star Wars series, which means either they got fired, or wisely realized that jumping from GOT backlash to maniac Star Wars fandom was bad for their mental health.
- In more exciting Star Wars news, the new trailer for The Mandalorian has even more Werner Herzog!
- “Ok boomer” has become Generation Z’s endlessly repeated retort to older people who just don’t get it.
- A less-than-shocking study: male political reporters retweet other dudes three times more than their female colleagues.
- Juul is cutting about 500 jobs by the end of the year, which does not bode well for the company's future.
- The comedian who confronted Harvey Weinstein at a bar in Manhattan last week wrote an op-ed for the Times: "Right now it feels like I have the support of the entire world because I’ve spoken out against someone who most people agree is a villain. But I also feel like I could lose that support the moment I might speak out against someone who has their respect."
- The female prison population has grown twice as fast as the male one over the past 35 years, and facilities are slowly starting to take women's experiences and needs into account.
- Take a video tour of one of NYC's most expensive townhouses.
- Holy smokes, Pete Wells dropped a zero-star dump on Peter Luger Steak House.
- And finally, this is the ambulance I want picking me up (unless I'm really injured, then I want a real ambulance):
Early Addition: NY Times Food Critic Drops Zero Star Review On Peter Luger Steak House
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: