- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Apparently, exercising doesn't actually help you lose weight.
- Tourist companies are refusing to take the media to the dying Great Barrier Reef.
- The Roots performed a quick rap recap of the first episode of the new season of Game Of Thrones.
- See what happens when you're late for the cruise ship's scheduled departure.
- It is wonderful how much John Boehner loathes Ted Cruz: "Lucifer in the flesh," he said, adding, "I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life."
- Alec Baldwin is set to host a Match Game revival.
- North Korean defectors say girls as young as 13 are being systematically raped by the government.
- Woman asks: how come you have to have a kid to get maternity leave?
- Can Special K help cure depression?
- Minnie Mouse was arrested for allegedly harassing tourists in Times Square.
- A Manhattan bouncer has blamed his loss of libido on high temperatures inside the LES bar.
- Turns out that the January 2016 blizzard did end up setting the all time single storm snowfall record in NYC.
- And finally, this bear thinks he's a dog:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today