- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Chaos reigned as parents and kids waited on line for hours outside a NYC Build-a-Bear workshop for a promotion, only to find out they wouldn't be allowed inside.
- The woman at the center of the #Planebae saga made it clear that she hated it: "I did not ask for and do not seek attention. #PlaneBae is not a romance—it is a digital-age cautionary tale about privacy, identity, ethics and consent."
- Trump lied and said he didn't criticize Theresa May when reporters asked him about his on-the-record audio interview with British tabloid The Sun in which he brutally criticized her, because Trump is a liar who can't stop lying.
- There's only one Blockbuster left in America now.
- Accused child molester Roy Moore was also tricked by Sacha Baron Cohen.
- Fortnite has become the Instagram of video games, and if you can't quite process that sentence, then this article is for you.
- A NJ high school teacher was fired after she allegedly kissed and sent nudes to a student.
- The Ringer examines the evolution of comedy in the Marvel Universe.
- A family of woodchucks ate Paul Ryan’s car.
- Don't eat Honey Smacks, seriously you guys, don't do it.
- An innocent bystander was shot earlier this week while waiting for a bus on Jersey Street in New Brighton—the same street where she was struck by a stray bullet 20 years ago.
- And finally, smile because it's Friday!
Smile! 😍 pic.twitter.com/5y0R3C918x
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) July 13, 2018