- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A radical Islamist group has been blamed for devastating Easter Sunday suicide bombings that killed nearly 300 people in Sri Lanka.
- The tech industry is remaking NYC without Amazon's HQ2 thank you very much.
- A hoppin' mad Easter Bunny was captured on camera brawling in Orlando over the weekend.
- MSNBC cornered Robert Mueller as he was getting into his car over the weekend, but he did not have much to say.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren released a wide-ranging plan to fix the U.S. college system, with proposals including making two-year and four-year public college free and wiping out student loan debt for the vast majority of American borrowers.
- Here is an interesting piece about how Michael Jackson biographers and journalists are struggling to update and rewrite his history.
- Do you use one of the most commonly hacked passwords?
- Woodstock 50 ticket sales have been delayed because organizers have yet to acquire a mass gathering permit from the New York State Department of Health.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio went on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program to announce a Green New Deal that will require the city to switch entirely to renewable energy within five years, but instead got grilled about his daily 11 mile SUV trips from Gracie Mansion to his Brooklyn gym.
- Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts has become the latest Democrat hopeful to launch a bid for the presidency.
- In the 1980s, the NYC government hired photographers to take pictures of every block—and now the Times has some of those photos.
- Where in the world is Jerry Garcia’s stolen $2,550 toilet?
- And finally, no one ever asks what happens when you finally catch the tail:
My friend’s dog, Max, finally caught its tail, and then didn’t know what to do with itself anymore. pic.twitter.com/Cl2HOZimW0
— Satellite Man Law Man (@omw2innisfree) April 19, 2019