- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump unsurprisingly said he would not fire Kellyanne Conway after a federal watchdog recommended that she be removed for repeatedly violating the Hatch Act.
- Slate thinks they know why Trump favorited a seemingly random Tweet about Rihanna.
- Inside the "chaos, glitter and absolute furry cuteness" of a NYC puppy pageant.
- Nick Griffiths lost his toes to frostbite during an arctic ultramarathon—so he did the logical thing and donated them to the Downtown Hotel for its famous Sourtoe Cocktail.
- Here's what the $20 bill bearing the image of Harriet Tubman would look like (had Steven Mnuchin not delayed its production indefinitely).
- Is Gov. Cuomo a laid back, cool dude in a loose mood? That's what he thinks.
- If you're feeling particularly masochistic today, you can read Politico's oral history of Trump's campaign launch four years ago.
- A 26-year-old New Jersey woman was found dead in her apartment after she left work to go home for lunch.
- BREAKING NEWS ALERT: An alligator is swimming in a Texas lake with a knife in its head.
- The Times has some vintage photos of summer camp from days of yore.
- Listen to new albums from the brilliant Bill Callahan, the wise Bruce Springsteen, the up-and-coming Crumb, and the legend Madonna.
- And finally, there was a sighting of a rare rabbit-dog hybrid:
When the grass is too high, make like a rabbit
and improvise ... !! 🐶🙄😅
( gsp _river IG ) pic.twitter.com/qHYR42ugnu
— Stefano S. Magi (@myworld2121) June 14, 2019