- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Tom Brokaw has been accused of sexually harassing war correspondent Linda Vester.
- Matt Lauer also decided that this was the day he'd break his silence on the allegations against him.
- Apropos of that, Katie J.M. Baker wonders how we should deal with "bad men" trying to make public comebacks after being accused of sexual harassment.
- The Times has a glorious photo feature on the summer of '78 in NY.
- The Port Authority commissioner who resigned over a viral traffic stop video apologized, but insisted that she wasn't asking for favors.
- This is one of the more mortifying things you'll read about this week.
- I have a dream that ABBA reunited to help me cope with anything.
- After being thanked by Trump on Twitter, Chance The Rapper set the record straight on his feelings for our president.
- Joy Reid's face-saving excuses about her homophobic posts are falling apart.
- And finally, I know it's Friday, but you've got to try to stay awake a little longer buddy:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today