- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Despite today's lifting of mask restrictions for fully vaccinated New Yorkers, many restaurants in the city still want all their customers to mask up.
- Scientists on multiple continents are trying to train dogs to perform COVID-19 tests by sniffing out infections, even in asymptomatic people.
- Barack Obama confirmed this week that UFOs exist, in the sense that the military has spotted things flying around up there that they can't identify.
- About 5% of these Brood X cicadas emerging from the ground are infected with a fungus that produces an amphetamine in their bodies, makes them hypersexual, and ultimately takes over their bodies and makes them lose their genitals altogether.
- The NY Times magazine published very detailed breakdowns of how six American families spent money in the course of a month.
- HGTV is giving Lil John a home improvement reality show called Lil Jon Wants To Do What? where he'll offer homeowners "startlingly unconventional renovation ideas."
- In a new GQ cover story, A$AP Rocky shares his understanding of what Donald Trump did and didn't do to get him out of Swedish prison. ("He didn't help — he made efforts and he rooted for me to come home, but he didn't free me.")
- The Israeli artist in this year's Eurovision Song Contest is advancing to Saturday's semi-final, despite protests calling for a boycott.
- And finally, gotta get everyone in the photo:
Early Addition: Can We All Just Finally Agree That UFOs Are Real?
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: