- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Writing for the Village Voice, Nick Pinto looks into why the Fearless Girl "is not your friend."
- Jewish high school students protested outside the Queens home of a former Nazi concentration camp guard yesterday.
- The City Council is considering waiving fines for minor violations committed by business owners who agree to open their restrooms to the public.
- Anthony Bourdain has an unsurprisingly strong opinion about the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino.
- The New Inquiry launched an app today that uses machine learning to predict where white collar crimes will happen.
- Is Mayor de Blasio dying his hair? An investigation.
- Please enjoy some stunning aerial footage of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden cherry blossoms in full bloom.
- Former National Security Advisor (for a hot minute) Mike Flynn likely broke the law by failing to disclose payments from Russia and Turkey, House Oversight leaders say.
- SEE IT: Lightning strike close calls!
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today