- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Everything is going absolutely fine in Iowa, our democracy definitely isn't crumbling before our eyes, why do you ask?
- Who is to blame for the colossal mess in Iowa? Vice writes that, "The Iowa caucus showed a Democratic establishment in thrall to the worst kind of techno-optimism, fixated on fancy technological solutions to problems that don’t exist."
- The Ringer tries to determine what was the weirdest Oscars ever.
- Here's a fun Times piece on nudist dining: "In fact, when it comes to cooking and dining, many nudists are unequivocal: It’s better naked. They feel less inhibited, more creative."
- Cards Against Humanity has bought Clickhole and turned it into a majority employee-owned company.
- The "World's Worst Cat" has been adopted!
- Wait...why DO planes stay in the air?
- It's shameful that an 8-year-old had to sell handmade key chains for $5 each to raise $4K to be able to pay off his elementary school lunch debts.
- Police are searching for suspects after at least 25 cars were vandalized on Staten Island.
- Vulture has an in-depth piece on the building of the Parasite home.
- Here is the inside story of Donald Trump and Deutsche Bank, his lender of last resort.
- And finally, I love this beautiful idiot so very much:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today