- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- If the sharks don’t eat you, the beach umbrellas will impale you.
- Chicago is #1 in rats.
- Adam Platt remembers the recently deceased LA food critic Jonathan Gold, and his "magical, poetic gifts for description and persuasion that you don’t see much of anymore, not just in our little food universe, but in the hectic, increasingly digital world of letters at large."
- Jared Kushner is reportedly abandoning efforts to ameliorate the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
- Mike Pence and other conservatives determined to overturn Roe V. Wade are drooling over a contested Indiana law that bans abortion "because of the gender, race or disability of the fetus, such as Down syndrome."
- Fox & Friends First thought they had booked pro-ICE Democratic congressional candidate Ann Kirkpatrick, but wound up with very anti-ICE Democratic congressional candidate Barbara L’Italien. The hosts couldn't handle it.
- The Immigrant Defense Project and the Center for Constitutional Rights have spent years building this interactive map detailing alleged ICE raids, the majority of which happened in NYC.
- Meanwhile, parents detained by ICE and separated from their children are reportedly being charged as much as $8 per minute to call their kids.
- R. Kelly has admitted to sexual misconduct, in song.
- And finally, dog loves art:
The last ten seconds of this video kill me ... she gulps and then has such an intense stare. Five seconds later she raced off to chase a squirrel. Wtf is happening in her doggy brain!? #painting #oilpainting #contemporaryart #contemporaryartist #contemporarypainting #modernart #landscapepainting #artist #art #color #happy #impressionism #abstractart #abstractpainting #calm #goldensofinsta #goldenretriever #goldensofinstagram #goldenretriever #goldenpuppy #dogsofinsta #dogsofinstagram #funnyvideos #artvideos #artvideo #waterreflection #reflection #abstractart
A post shared by Julia S. Powell Art (@juliaspowellart) on