- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- One thing we've all had to go without during this pandemic is wax figurines, but now we can welcome them back into our lives as Madame Tussauds reopens today.
- The Washington Post claims that "pizza by the slice — [NYC]’s signature comfort food — went missing amid the pandemic." But I cannot confirm as I am still isolating inside of my apartment. Let me know in the comments if the slice is indeed extinct, thanks.
- Banksy has financed a pink and white motor yacht, named Louise Michel after the feminist anarchist, "to rescue refugees attempting to reach Europe from north Africa," the Guardian reports.
- In an upcoming book, Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady, author Stephanie Winston Wolkoff says Melania took great efforts "to block Ivanka from appearing in photos of President Donald Trump's swearing in at the inauguration."
- The Gap's pivot to face masks made them $130 million so far.
- Two people selling art on the sidewalk outside of the New York Public Library were slashed, and the NY Post had a little too much fun writing about it? ("Everybody's a critic!")
- The 2020 Mermaid Parade is virtual this year, their TAIL-A-THON will take place this Saturday.
- When this is all over I'm gonna walk around like...
Early Addition: Did The Pandemic Kill The New York Slice?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: