- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Deep breath: Attorney General vigorously defended Trump during a press conference prior to the release of the redacted Mueller Report.
- During his press conference, Barr argued that Trump's behavior during the Special Counsel investigation was caused by frustration: "As the special counsel’s report acknowledges, there is substantial evidence to show that the president was frustrated and angered by his sincere belief that the investigation was undermining his presidency, propelled by his political opponents and fueled by illegal leaks."
- But go ahead and read the (unredacted parts of the) report yourself.
- House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler has officially called for Special Counsel Robert Mueller to testify in front of the committee.
- Michael Cohen apparently wants to get back into the ring again: "Soon I will be ready to address the American people again … tell it all … and tell it myself!," he tweeted.
- When food fights go bad: ten students at a Connecticut high school face charges after a food fight-turned-riot ended with a teacher and school resource officer hurt.
- The one-and-only Lyanna Mormont, aka 15-year-old actress Bella Ramsey, talked to The Cut about what she'll miss most about GOT: "I think the opportunity to stand up in front of a load of grown men and shame them. I think playing confident characters also helps with your own confidence. Say you’re in a situation where you’re feeling anxious or nervous — you can become a character and work through it that way. I’ll miss that about her."
- The beekeeper of Notre-Dame Cathedral is in limbo waiting to hear the fate of his 18,000 bees after the devastating fire.
- Facebook’s controversial fact-checking program is partnering with the Daily Caller, the pro-Trump conservative website that has constantly pushed misinformation.
- Bob Dylan kindly asks that you refrain from photos while he's playing: "Take pictures or don’t take pictures. We can either play or we can pose. Okay?"
- Some Democratic presidential hopefuls are booking appearances on Fox News in an attempt to reach conservative viewers.
- And finally, if only my dog were this into baths:
this dog practically washes itself
(charlottemaemyfrenchiebae IG) pic.twitter.com/YBwXASbc1P
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) April 12, 2019