- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Brooklyn man was shot in the head in his Sheepshead Bay apartment under mysterious circumstances.
- Benetton has released a new ad campaign in Italy featuring President Obama kissing Chinese leader Hu Jintao.
- Watch what may be (hopefully not) the last Sonic Youth concert ever.
- No, Asian geckos will probably not cure your AIDS.
- The paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber has been withdrawn because of death threats.
- At least 17 preschoolers died in an overcrowded minibus accident in Western China.
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei feels robbed for paying taxes.
- Google's new music-download store is launching later today.
- The city teachers union lost a bid to block the Department of Education from letting the public know how classroom teachers are performing.
- And finally, this video of a woman struggling to climb an escalator the wrong way is a metaphor for life.
Early Addition: Asian Geckos Will Probably Not Cure Your AIDS
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: