- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Longtime 14th Street dive bar the Blarney Cove will shutter at the end of the month.
- State Senator Marty Golden is offering a $1,000 reward for information about vandalism at St. Anselm's Church.
- A cunning cat was apprehended smuggling a cell phone into a Russian jail.
- [Spoiler if you haven't watched last night's Game of Thrones!] George R. R. Martin explains why he wrote the Red Wedding.
- A Korean war veteran from Staten Island was denied Federal Aid for his Sandy-ravaged home.
- Meanwhile, FEMA will fund $1 million in repairs to street lighting along the Coney Island Boardwalk.
- Bradley Manning, the intelligence analyst accused of providing 700,000 to WikiLeaks, went on trial this morning.
- Troubled Grammy-winner Lauryn Hill was ordered to vacate her NJ mansion.
- And finally, this seagull has the moves like Astaire:
Early Addition: Another NYC Dive Bar Bites The Dust
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: