- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A bear in Connecticut smelled brownies. Only this sliding glass patio door kept him from his heart's desire.
- Leaky septic tanks have been causing major damage to Long Island’s waterways for years, but there's a renewed effort to do something about it.
- Anonymous has released an ominous video warning the world to prepare for World War III.
- A Times reporter has an interesting first-hand account of witnessing a homeless man fall onto the subway tracks.
- Brick Underground has ranked the ten best neighborhoods for recent college grads moving to NYC.
- There was quite a row at Fort Lauderdale airport Monday night after Spirit Airlines canceled a bunch of flights.
- A Brooklyn postal worker allegedly threw almost 3,000 pieces of mail in the trash.
- Prosecutors are taking a tougher approach to fraternity hazing cases.
- Here's a vivid dispatch from "the horrorscape of Allepo" in the New York Review of Books.
- And for more bear scares, here's this:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today