- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- RIP Fats Domino.
- City Lab maps gentrification by mapping the Edison bulbs of Brooklyn.
- A Trump-supporting conspiracy theorist and prolific YouTuber and Redditor allegedly stabbed his father to death for calling him a Nazi.
- Vulture has a great oral history of the classic Seinfeld episode "The Contest."
- The New York Times interviewed 18 girls who survived after being captured by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria and sent into crowds to blow themselves up.
- Learn how carnival games scam you before you throw down another $20 on the basketball toss.
- A spokesperson for George H.W. Bush apologized to actress Heather Lind over a sexual assault allegation and said it was Bush's "attempt at humor."
- There's a major doping scandal going on amidst the Iditarod dog-sledding race.
- The owner of a Bronx apartment building is making tenants use one bathroom while the water is shut off for weeks at a time for renovations.
- A Florida woman caused some epic chaos at a wedding when she followed a guy she was seeing there.
- Leon Wieseltier, a prominent editor at The New Republic for three decades, has been accused of sexual harassment by multiple women.
- And finally, balloons may cause cats to malfunction:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today