- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Guardian talked to homeless people who live in the tunnels beneath and around Hudson Yards—some see it as a place for opportunity, while others say, "It’s a beautiful thing but it’s not helping us."
- GQ has a big profile of Keanu Reeves that includes this sentence: "Every generation gets its own Keanu Reeves, except every generation's Keanu Reeves is this Keanu Reeves."
- Trump has started rallying his base by attacking Rep. Ilhan Omar with anti-Muslim sentiments.
- If you want to get an idea of the type of death threats Omar has been getting on Twitter as a result, they’re here.
- The White House is preparing for the release of the Mueller Report, which will totally exonerate Trump, with a 140 page alt-report, as one does with reports that totally exonerate them. (A redacted version of the Mueller Report is apparently being released Thursday.)
- Nancy Pelosi dismissed the progressive wing of House Democrats led by AOC as "like, five people" that do not represent all progressives, including herself, and added that freshmen Democrats "know that we have to hold the center."
- John Oliver enlisted Michael Keaton, Bryan Cranston, Michael K Williams and Richard Kind to read Richard Sackler's deposition on opioids on Last Week Tonight.
- Three people survived a small plane crash into a suburban Long Island street yesterday.
- The Times has a cool illustrated feature on endangered spaces in New York.
- The viral Alien: The Play will get an encore performance at North Bergen High School in NJ on April 26th (which happens to be #AlienDay).
- Vulture goes inside the Slovak rap label that gave polarizing rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine his career, then watched him kill it.
- Check out the first teaser trailer for season two of Big Little Lies
- And finally, Sam Neil's life seems pretty chill:
When a duck understands everything you say. pic.twitter.com/UWRiEPth6a
— Sam Neill (@TwoPaddocks) April 15, 2019