- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Jeff Bezos put his blogging hat on and revealed in a Medium post that National Enquirer owner David Pecker tried to blackmail him by threatening to publish his dick pics: "If in my position I can't stand up to this kind of extortion, how many people can?"
- American Media Inc., the publisher of the National Enquirer, said the company will investigate the blackmail allegations, but the company "believes fervently that it acted lawfully in the reporting of the story of Mr. Bezos."
- It seems likely that Bernie's running.
- The only good genre of news story is Kids Getting Trapped In Claw Machines.
- Magnificent actor Albert Finney has died at age 82.
- The Ringer ranked every Steven Soderbergh movie.
- Ivanka Trump says in a new interview that she knew "literally almost nothing" about the Trump Tower Moscow project, which definitely sounds very legal, very cool.
- Listen to a new album from Panda Bear, a new live album from LCD Soundsystem, and Ariana Grande's new pop blast.
- Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker's testimony this morning seems to be going swimmingly.
- A veterinarian has been sentenced to six years in prison for conspiracy to import liquid heroin into the country by stitching it into puppies’ stomachs.
- Make of this what you will: older women’s brains look similar to younger men’s.
- We are living in a golden age of TV teen sex comedies.
- And finally, you're drunk puppy, go home:
Trying to get your drunk friend home like❤️🐕 pic.twitter.com/TuvDPVSfUV
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) February 8, 2019