- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Chris Lehmann lays out all the problems with the NY Times' terrible public editor.
- That Smith Street brothel has apparently shut down.
- Let's all pray that JJ Abram's new HBO "space drama" is actually titled Space Drama.
- A woman allegedly shot her boyfriend with his NYPD cop brother's gun.
- The teaser trailer for the actual trailer for The Fate Of The Furious, the eighth Fast & Furious movie, is here.
- Trump complains about being 'Person of the Year,' not 'Man of the Year.'
- The Guardian turned to a 16-year-old for a social media guide for olds.
- Sure you love LaGuardia Airport now, but you'll love it even more when it's underwater.
- An Ohio politician who has lobbied for a ‘Heartbeat Bill’ to try to eradicate abortions in the state has "never thought about" why a woman would get an abortion.
- A British Ghostbusters fan convinced the FDNY to let him propose to his girlfriend in the under-renovation Tribeca firehouse from Ghostbusters.
- The daredevil teen arrested after climbing some buildings illegally needs legal help.
- And finally, this puppy hasn't found her voice yet:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today