- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Pete Davidson saw Steely Dan with John Mulaney, and he started a revolution.
- Veterans have slammed Trump for the "Operation Faithful Patriot" border deployment, which they call a political stunt meant to fire up his incoherently racist base.
- A man was captured on video eating soup directly from the supermarket hot bar.
- Post Malone is terrible, and the Washington Post isn't afraid to say so.
- GQ reports on the true story of a ring of thieves who stole millions of dollars' worth of luxury watches, and the special agent who brought them down.
- This is the most important Twitter thread you'll ever read about where the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC stand on the issues.
- Politico reports that a former prosecutor, Senate and White House lawyer has assembled clues that suggest Mueller has already subpoenaed Trump and they’re locked in a sealed court battle as the president resists.
- What kind of person steals coworkers lunches? The Cut found out.
- The Daily News reports Gov. Cuomo offered to rename Newtown Creek the Amazon River in his bid to woo Amazon to NYC (though the governor's office later said it was a "joke").
- Kanye West disavowed Candace Owens' "Blexit" campaign and said he was backing away from politics, and now we all hold our breath.
- A Los Angeles deli transformed itself into McDowell's from Coming To America for Halloween.
- Drew Magary writes about the rise of right-wing extremism in the Americas and the enablers who are happy to look the other way.
- An Instagram travel couple fell to their death while trying to take a selfie on a cliff at Yosemite National Park.
- And finally, make sure you double check whether that giant spider is really a VERY SPOOKY DOG today:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today