- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Times spent a day covering the futile volunteer cleanup effort at Fort Tilden.
- The Daily News has put together a handy map showing where all the recent hate crimes occurred.
- In case you haven't seen it before, behold: the George Costanza dress.
- 1,500 pounds of pineapples fell on a NJ warehouse worker.
- Surgeons removed a 4 pound hairball from a 17-year-old tiger.
- Buzzfeed compiled a list of the 30 greatest Arrested Development guest stars.
- The National rocked out on The Colbert Report last night, performing "Sea Of Love" and "Graceless."
- Gov. Cuomo says it would be shameful if Anthony Weiner is elected mayor.
- Rex Ryan is upset because he has a terrible team he has to coach this season.
- The fact that Nirvana came in at #5 on Rolling Stone's readers poll for worst bands of the '90s says volumes.
- And finally, there is nothing better than interspecies best friendships:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today