The driver accused of fatally striking two pedestrians after losing control of his car while driving 111 MPH has been indicted. Queens resident Leonid Renko, 23, was indicted yesterday on manslaughter and homicide charges.

"The defendant is accused of engaging in reckless behavior—speeding in excess of 100 miles an hour down the service road of Queens Boulevard—that caused him to lose control of his vehicle, crash and create a wide path of destruction over a block long area that ultimately resulted in the deaths of two innocent pedestrians on their way to work,” Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in court, according to the News. "This was an absolutely senseless tragedy with deadly consequences that could have easily been avoided."

Renko was driving his 2014 Chevrolet Camaro west on Queens Boulevard near Broadway at around 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 11, 2013 when he lost control of his car near the intersection at Broadway, striking a phonebooth, a lamppost, and two parked vehicles. He then jumped the curb onto the sidewalk, fatally striking 41-year-old Wang Mu Lin and 59-year-old Cheng Man Chit.

Renko, a film student who was mostly uninjured in the incident, had been free on bail up until yesterday, when his bail was increased from $50,000 to $250,000. He had been renting the Camaro for a month, because according to his defense attorney, "It was one of his dreams."

He now faces 2-15 years in prison if convicted. His lawyer said he was pursuing a possible medical defense, claiming that Renko "blacked out" and has no memory of the crash (there were also no traces of drugs or alcohol in his system).