Hmm, are dogs the new "canaries in the coal mine" when it comes to electrified streets? Because yesterday, a dog was shocked at 7th Avenue and St. John's Place in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn. The dog stepped on an electrified lamp post and Con Ed said that there was a high level of voltage emanating from it (duh). NY1 reports that Con Ed fixed the area, but residents are still worried. With good reason, as there's no way Con Ed can fix everything that's wrong, try as they may. Con Ed said the stray voltage detectors would come this winter, but there's been no word of seeing the mobile units around.

This is more reason to boot up your pup's paws (we explored this earlier this year, during one of last winter's storms) - how cute are these Neopaws? And this is the second dog-shocking in three days.