There are lunatics out there. Some jerk left a 2 pound ham in Central Park that a dog found and, being a 6 year old Labrador retriever, he ate the meat. Only for the dog's owner, Martha Redding, to throw away the meat and discover it was full of 3-inch pins. Milo the dog ate 31 pins, and his vet fed him three cans of dog food and induced vomiting to get rid of them. Luckily, the vomiting was successful and Milo is pin-free. The Central Park Conservancy emailed dog walkers to warn them about suspcicious packages. The ASPCA's Special Agent Joseph Pentangelo says they are investigating the matter: "It certainly is a crime. No reasonable person could commit an act like this and think it wouldn't be harmful to an animal... I've heard about chemical poisoning - people who are annoyed about cat colonies in their area or people getting tired about dogs urinating in front of their houses. I've never seen anything like this." Redding says that the incident "reminds me of all those thriller movies of serial killers who start by hurting animals."
Dog Eats Pin-Filled Meat
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: