Yesterday, one woman was killed and several other people were injured when a massive gas explosion occurred in a Brooklyn apartment building. Investigators believe that the explosion may have been caused by tenants who were moving out of the building—they may have attempted to disconnect the stove from a gas line so they could take it with them.

"Of course, taking a stove with you entails disconnecting the gas line, which leads us, preliminarily, to look in that direction for the cause of this explosion," said FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro during a press conference after the three-alarm fire was under control. "The fire will be smoldering for some time," he added.

The explosion occurred at 4206 13th Avenue near 42nd Street in Borough Park just after 1 p.m. Saturday. The entire front of the building was blown out, and over 200 firefighters were called to battle the blaze. The building contains a hardware/electronics store, Pots N Watts, on the first floor, then two stories of apartments above. There were no reports of an odor or gas before the explosion.

The 60-year-old victim, whose name hasn't been released, lived on the third floor of the building, and was found dead in the stairwell. Three other people—a 34-year-old father and his 9-year-old child, and a 27-year-old man—were injured; according to the FDNY, they were all pedestrians who were hit with flying debris. "The injured on the street were actually two men coming home from synagogue and a 10-year-old kid," Jacob Kornbluh, a Borough Park resident, told CBS.

All of the injured were taken to Methodist Hospital in stable condition. At least five firefighters also suffered minor injuries, and were treated at the scene. One other woman may be missing as well.

"It is the Sabbath day in Borough Park," Mayor de Blasio said at the press conference, calling the explosion and death a tragedy. "This is a community I know well, and I represented in the City Council. So, I know it was a real shock to the residents of this community to hear this explosion."

Gov. Cuomo also released a statement calling for an investigation into gas issues: "This explosion is the latest in a disturbing trend of incidents that occurred in Harlem and the East Village. In light of this, I am directing the State Department of Public Service to undertake an investigation into the cause of this incident. That investigation is ongoing, and updates will be provided to the public as soon as they are available."