The complaint filings the U.S. Attorney's Office made in the Emperors Club VIP prostitution ring show details about Client 9, which allegedly is Governor Eliot Spitzer. Here are some of the highlights:
- Client 9 paid $4,300 for the services of "Kristen," described as "An American, petite, very pretty brunette, 5-feet-5 inches and 105 pounds.”
- Client 9 was "paying for everything -- train tickets, cab fare from the hotel and back, mini bar or room service, travel time and hotel."
- Emperors Club management was unhappy that Client 9's payment hadn't arrived by mail as promised and "asked [him] to give Kristen an extra $1,500 or $2,000 to avoid future payment problems." (Client 9, apparently a regular customer, had some money left over in his account.)
- The February 13 tryst occurred at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, Room 871. The door to the room was left ajar.
- After their just-under-two-hour meeting, Kristen reported back to the booker and said she thought things went well. The booker said Client 9 could be "difficult" suggesting he "would ask you to do things that, like, you might not think were safe - you know - I mean that ... very basic things." To which Kristen replied, "I have a way of dealing with that ... I'd be like listen dude, you really want the sex?"
- Spitzer was known from the Emperors Club as "George Fox," who happens to be a friend and donor to Spitzer. When the NY Times contacted Fox and asked if he accompanied Spitzer to DC, Fox said, "Why would you think that? I did not.” But then when told Spitzer used Fox's name (with his own, real Fifth Avenue address), Fox said, "That is the first I have heard of it. Until I speak to the governor further, I have no comment."
You can read the affidavit here; exchanges taped on February 13 and 14 are on page 13. And WNBC reports there are text messages from the Governor's cell phone to the Emperors Club.
WCBS 2's Marcia Kramer hears that Spitzer will resign tonight and that Lieutenant Governor David Paterson could be sworn in "as early as 7 p.m." But commenter moocowtoo points out that CNN reports no press conference will be held tonight. So it's anyone's guess!