2007_12_xmaslights.jpg'Tis the season to be aware of fire safety during the holidays. Christmas lights caused a fire that left 26 people injured last night.

The fire started around 6:20PM in an 8th floor apartment of a Bronxdale building. A woman who lived in the apartment told the Daily News, "My daughter said there's a fire in her room from the Christmas decorations. I called 911, grabbed the kids and ran out." Twenty-five irefighters and civilians suffered minor injuries, but one victim, a 58-year-old man, had a heart attack and is in critical condition.

The FDNY has winter fire safety tips, including keeping trees watered and away from heat sources, use only UL approved lights and wiring (and do not overload connections) and never leave lit candles unattended.