Two brothers, ages 5 and 8, were injured yesterday while riding a Q53 bus. Police say they were burned by some Drano that had been dripping from another rider's backpack.

Apparently JFK Airport employee Ivan Ivanov, 32, was transporting cleaning supplies to his home when the spill occurred. The Daily News reports, "Ivanov, who was transporting the harmful liquid in a flimsy plastic bottle, had placed his backpack onto the bus floor. Minutes later, the chemical ate through the bottle and then his bag — and dribbled onto the boys, the source said."

Ivanov was taken into custody and charged with reckless endangerment. The News says, "He was overheard telling a cop he didn’t know what kind of substance he was transporting."