The body of a 23-year-old college student from the Upper West Side was recovered in the Hudson River in Hoboken on Christmas Day, concluding an investigation that his family had deemed slow and inadequate.

According to the NYPD, Anthony Ureña was last seen leaving Cliff Lounge at at 440 West 202 Street in Inwood around 5:00 a.m. on November 14th.

Hoboken police discovered his body in the Hudson on Christmas, and pronounced him deceased. The News reports that the cause of death is pending, and will be determined by the New Jersey medical examiner.

CBS reports that Ureña's family sought surveillance footage from businesses near Cliff Lounge soon after his disappearance. Video shows Ureña staggering through a parking lot near the club, apparently intoxicated.

Earlier this month, the family expressed concern that its own search efforts were not being matched by the NYPD. While Ureña disappeared in the 34th Precinct, his case was passed to the 24th, where he was living. His family didn't receive any updates on his case in the first two weeks following his disappearance, according to DNAInfo.

Ureña's parents and siblings held a rally on December 1st that drew about 50 concerned neighbors. The group planned to march to the 34th Precinct in protest, until local councilmember Ydanis Rodriguez promised to reach out to both precincts personally.

"The police have told us nothing,” Ureña's older brother, Christopher, told the news outlet. "We're asking people questions and sharing with [the precinct] what we find."

On December 17th, Ureña's mother launched a GoFundMe page in the hopes of hiring a private investigator.

While the family initially believed that Ureña may have been the victim of a crime, Lopez told the News this week that the police are now saying otherwise.

"They think he fell into the water. Like around 203rd and Ninth Ave. ... There's like a space there that you can walk into," she said.

Ureña was studying to become a certified public accountant at Lehman College at the time of his death.

An update to the GoFundMe page posted earlier this morning reads, "God said that they need[ed]... an Angel up there and without my permission came down and took him away from me. But I know now that mi Moreno Anthony is in a better place looking down on ALL of US."