Former President Bill Clinton and Senator Hillary Clinton have released their tax returns for the years 2000 through 2007, showing they made $109 million during that period. Senator Clinton's campaign website details the money this way:
: $109,175,175, which includes:
* Senator Clinton's Senate Salary: $1,051,606
* President Clinton's Presidential Pension: $1,217,250
* Senator Clinton's Book Income: $10,457,083
* President Clinton's Book Income: $29,580,525
* President Clinton's Speech Income: $51,855,599
Charitable Contributions: $10,256,741
Taxes Paid: $33,783,507
Clinton campaign spokesman Jay Carson's statement also says, "The Clintons have now made public thirty years of tax returns, a record matched by few people in public service. None of Hillary Clinton's presidential opponents have revealed anything close to this amount of personal financial information. " As Politico's Ben Smith points out, there's still $18 million of the Clintons' income that's not accounted for.
While in Memphis today, for the 40th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination, Clinton said she wanted to create a cabinet-level position of a poverty czar.