A fire that ripped through the upper floors of a Bed-Stuy brownstone on Tuesday night—killing two men and injuring two women—is being investigated as a homicide. A preliminary NYPD investigation into the cause of the blaze found that an accelerant had been used to stoke the flames.

"We’re very heartbroken,” a longtime neighbor and member of the local block association told the Brooklyn Reader. "It’s very suspicious; we believe this fire was set, because brownstone front doors don’t just go up in flames and brownstones don’t burn down this quick. Our neighbors now know we need to talk to each other more.”

According to the NYPD, police responded to a 911 call of a fire at 103 Hancock Street near the corner of Nostrand Avenue in Bed-Stuy, just before 9:45 p.m. on Tuesday. Firefighters already on the scene removed four people from the burning building.

According to BK Reader, the fire started in the front entrance of the brownstone, spreading up the staircase and through the hallways. Patch reports that the fire was under control by 10:50 p.m., but that it took 65 firefighters to stop it.

Tyrone Corley, 56, who lived on the third floor of the building, was pronounced dead upon arrival at Kings County Hospital. BK Reader reports that Corley was critically injured when he jumped out of his third floor window to escape the fire.

Corley was well-known in the neighborhood as a block party DJ. Patch reports that his regular gig was a three-hour Monday night set on Fat Traxx Radio NYC called Keep it Soulful.

God Tuesday to everyone. Wish you all a blessed day and to those to tuned in to Keep it Soulful with DJ Tyrone Corley last nite. Thank you for your support.

Posted by Tyrone Corley on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Stanley Wilkie, 47, a tenant on the second floor of the building, was rushed to Interfaith Memorial Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Although he was initially listed in stable condition, he died in the hospital early Wednesday morning. Two unidentified women in the apartment were taken to Kings County Hospital for smoke inhalation treatment, and are stable.

An investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.