The accused killer of the 8-year-old Hasidic boy whose body was found dismembered in two separate areas of Brooklyn this week has given cops a written confession of the murder. Levi Aron, who turned 35 yesterday, was officially charged by police last night with murdering Leiby Kletzky. Read the chilling confession (which has been edited only to remove "parts of an extremely graphic nature") below the jump:

My name is Levi Aron... On Monday evening around 5:30 I went to my dentist, Dr. Sorcher, to make a payment for visit for exam routine.

A boy approached me on where the Judaica book store was. He was still there when went out from the dentist’s office. He asked me for a ride to the Judaica book store. While on the way he changed his mind and wasn’t sure where he wanted to go.

So I asked if he wanted to go for the ride -- wedding in Monsey -- since I didn’t think I was going to stay for the whole thing since my back was hurting. He said ok.

Due to traffic, I got back around 11:30 p.m. … so I brought him to my house thinking I’d bring him to his house the next day. He watched TV then fell asleep in the front room. I went to the middle room to sleep. That next morning, he was still sleeping when I was ready to leave.

So I woke him and told him I’ll bring him to his house… when I saw the flyers I panicked and was afraid. When I got home he was still there so I made him a tuna sandwich....

Afterwards -- I panicked because I didn’t know what to do with the body.… carried parts to the back room placing parts between the freezer and the refrigerator …

… went to clean up a little then took a second shower. I panicked and .. Then putting the parts in a suitcase. Then carrying suitcase to the car …placing in backseat on floor behind passenger side.

… drove around approximately around 20 minutes before placing it in the dumpster on 20th street just before 4th Avenue. Then went home to clean and organize.

I understand this may be wrong and I’m sorry for the hurt that I have caused.

Leiby had been walking home from day camp to meet his parents on Monday, but got lost. The child asked Aron for directions, and police believe that Aron then convinced Leiby to get in his car, a 1990 Honda. When police tracked down Aron, through his dentist, the suspect was in a third floor apartment in a Kensington building owned by his father. When cops asked, "Where's the boy?" Aron reportedly nodded towards his refrigerator, which was bloody. The freezer contained Leiby's feet, and a cutting board and butcher knives were nearby.

In addition to the written one above, Aron also gave a video-taped confession in which he was unemotional and deadpan: "He spoke matter of factly. He was not crying or anything like that," a source told the News. Aron, who lived in Tennessee before moving to NYC, was a delivery driver for a Brooklyn maintenance supply business. The owner of the Empire Supply hardware warehouse in Kensington where Aron worked implied that he was mentally "slow," while others succinctly described him as a "loner."

Aron's ex-wife, who still lives in Tennessee, told the Post she couldn't believe what had happened, and had just talked to him a few days ago: "I am in shock. I am not believing this. He loved children. He loved kids. My kids are now 13 and 10, but when we were married they were younger - and he loved them," said Debbie Kivel. She said this was "totally out of character," and Aron was a hard worker who "never had a problem with anyone."

The two, who met on a Jewish matchmaking site, separated after one year, and officially divorced after two due to what she calls "a clash of character." But her father was less diplomatic in describing his former son-in-law: "He was creepy person. I gather he went to the Hebrew School, but wasn’t smart enough and dropped out."