One of the confessed masterminds behind the 9/11 attacks, along with four other killers, may be flown from Guantanamo Bay to face death penalty trials in the Big Apple. Yes, we're talking about ex-Al Qaeda "military commander" Khalid Shaikh Mohammed—who admitted last year to being a terrorist "to the bone", said he wished to be a martyr and even played critic to a courtroom sketch artist's drawing of him.

Another of the passengers sharing his plane ride would be Ramzi Binalshibh, who, alongside Mohammed, boasted about his involvement in the attack on Al Jazeera TV. No surprise, many New Yorkers are infuriated over the idea of hosting the killers. Eunice Handon, whose granddaughter, daughter and son-in-law were killed in the attacks told the News, "It's ludicrous. I'm all for keeping it there."

Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Attorney General Eric Holder are expected to make a decision about the move by Nov. 16. If the detainees are transferred, it is likely that Holder will direct his civilian prosecutors to seek the death penalty, and charges could be filed sooner than next year.