There are plenty of "distinctive" scents in the city. From stinky restaurants to the herbal recreation that your upstairs neighbor partakes in, there's no escaping the smells. But at least the typical scents don't cause mass amounts of people to head to the hospital, like the chemical fumes at a cellphone company did yesterday.

Police say that workers from CWG Communications on Long Island were treated for dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, vomiting and convulsions after a cleaning solution accidentally blended with another chemical.

Rescuers told Newsday that they were called by someone at CWG, which refurbishes cellphones, after a female worker went unconscious. When they arrived, they found scores of sick employees. Once they were treated for their symptoms, most were transported to area hospitals, including Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, Stony Brook University Medical Center and Good Samaritan Hospital.

The workers are expected to be released soon.