A 4-year-old Bronx boy died on Monday after ingesting what investigators have said might be rat poison.

Juan Sanchez was rushed to Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday after his family noticed he was foaming at the mouth and turning blue, the Daily News reports. His mother told detectives she thought he'd drank rat poison left in the home two weeks ago by an exterminator, but also reports that Sanchez's 8-year-old brother saw the tot drinking from a can of King Cobra malt liquor placed in the apartment building's hallway. A toxicology report found no alcohol in his system.

Investigators have interviewed Sanchez's parents, and no foul play is suspected. We'll update as more information becomes available.