Four men were killed and three other people were injured in a Saturday morning shooting inside what police said was an "illegal gambling location" in Crown Heights.

"It’s a little preliminary to make speculation whether it’s a dispute, whether it’s a gambling dispute, whether it’s a robbery, but that will all unfold when the day goes on," NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said during a press conference. "Nothing to indicate it's gang-related."

Officers from the 77th Precinct responded to a 911 call at 6:55 a.m. about a shooting at 74 Utica Avenue, according to Shea. When officers arrived, he said they found a "chaotic scene," noting that the investigation was very preliminary at this point.

The bodies of the deceased men were still inside the building (which has a sign that says, "Triple A Aces Private & Social Rental Place") as the police waited for the medical examiner's office. The three other shooting victims were two men and a woman, who were being treated for what seemed to be non-life-threatening injuries at this point, according to Shea.

The ages of the victims range from 32 to 49 years. He added that a report of an eighth person shot was actually a person who suffered a leg injury when trying to flee the scene.

"We don't have any complaints within the last two years about this location," Chief of Patrol Rodney Harrison said. He noted the club is a block and a half from the 77th Precinct, "but we have had no activity and no concerns from this location."

The shooting took place on the first floor of the building, and Shea said that it was "sparsely decorated" and there were few signs of alcohol consumption. Police did see cards and dice.

No names of the deceased have been revealed because family members have yet to be notified, Shea said. The investigation so far shows that two of men were from out of state, while the two others were from Brooklyn.

Two firearms were recovered from inside the space, a 9mm and a revolver; Shea said the number of firearms could increase as police continue to canvass the area.

There were video cameras inside the club as well as in the neighborhood, and officers are reviewing their body camera footage and talking to witnesses. "We'll go where the evidence takes us," Shea said.