Police say that an 11-year-old upstate NY girl was electrocuted at a mini golf course while on vacation with her family in Florida. Ashton Jojo, of Latham, NY, died Wednesday at the Orange Lake Resort near Orlando. An autopsy determined that she was accidentally electrocuted when she reached into a small pond to retrieve her golf ball around 2 p.m.

Orange County code-enforcement officers later found several violations—particularly, that electrical breakers were improperly replaced. According to Allen Morton, assistant manager of Orange County's Division of Building Safety, water could have gotten inside the electrical wires or connection or motor, which would have charged the water and fatally shocked the little girl. The mini golf facility has since been closed as the investigation continues.