2006_03_ssiyanks.jpgFor a few million dollars, you could be the majority owner of the Yankees. And you wouldn't really have to deal with a pesky owner too much. Why? Because you would be the proud owner of the Staten Island Yankees in the New York-Penn League. Unlike the big club in The Bronx, you could actually say you were champions last year though. The team is reportedly on the market for $3-5 million for a the 51% share that Stanley and Josh Getzler own. The two bought their share for $500,000. The remaining 49% is owned by Hal Steinbrenner, The Boss' son.

Some have complained that the price tag is way too high and should be at around $1 million. The Advance also reported that the Yankee organization might be happy with a sale and that George Steinbrenner just wants the team to be "as successful as the Cyclones," the Mets Brooklyn affiliate in the New York-Penn League.

Perhaps another local purchase for Red Bull? We doubt Mr. Steinbrenner would be very happy with that.