- Yankees 16 White Sox 3: Is it really possible that the Yankees could tie a club record by belting eight home runs, yet somehow Alex Rodriguez would be about the only person not to get one? Somehow, that’s exactly what happened Tuesday as every starter except for A-Rod, Jeter and Andy Phillips went deep and Hideki Matsui did twice. Shelly Duncan continued his Shane Spencer imitation by belting his 4th home run in 21 AB’s.
The White Sox probably wished they had traded Jose Contreras before today’s trading deadline as he gave up seven runs in 2.2 IP. And, just to show how strange a night it was, Kyle Farnsworth pitched a 1-2-3 inning for the Yankees.
- Millwaukee 4 Mets 2 (13 innings): Tom Glavine did more than enough to get his 300th win, but the Mets’ bullpen couldn’t hold the lead. The Mets escaped several jams in extra innings, but Geoff Jenkins ended things with a two-run, walk-off shot in the 13th.
- Brooklyn 9 Lowell 5: The Cyclones just keep winning, this time behind 12 hits and another big game from Jacob Eigsti.
- Staten Island 4 Oneonta 2: Braedyn Pruitt went deep and Chris Farley and two relievers combined to keep the Tigers under wraps.
- Los Angeles 73 New York 63: The Liberty dropped their seventh-straight The Sparks used a 7-1 run over the last three minutes to pull away for the win.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all