- Sonics 100 Knicks 99: Don’t blame this one on Stephon Marbury. Yes, he missed the tying free throw with under a second left, but after scoring 40 points, the blame for this loss lies elsewhere.
Start with the defensive effort by the entire team, which was nonexistent until Malk Rose showed up in the third quarter. Seattle shot 52% for the game, which is inexcusable.
You can also point the finger at Eddy Curry who played a soft game on the inside, until he came up with a block late in the game. He has the potential to dominate both ends of the floor, too bad he only cares about one of them.
In the end, the Knicks lost a game to a team with only six road wins all season. Before everyone gets on the bandwagon for the playoffs, can we at least see this team win a game they should?
- Mavericks 102 Nets 98: Make that sixteen-straight for Dallas who let New Jersey get close, but held on for the win.
- Flyers 5 Devils 4 (OT): The Devils couldn’t hold two different leads and Philadelphia blitzed Martin Brodeur with 44 shots. Simon Gagne’s goal in OT was the difference.
- Rutgers 55 UConn 47: Who says that Men’s Football is the only sport at Rutgers? The Lady Scarlet Knights went to Storrs and upset UConn for the Big East title. The loss was the first in conference play for the Huskies this year.
- Jets Get A RB: No, it isn’t the second-coming of Curtis Martin, but Thomas Jones fills a hole and when you consider that they only had to exchange second round picks with the Bears for him, this is a very good deal.
Last Night's Action: Cool The Playoff Talk
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in Miscellaneous
Featured in Miscellaneous
A visit to Mexico's main tequila-producing region, with a brief jaunt to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta.
Read More In: